Sunday, November 30, 2008

Warning: Cheesy Post (Sorry!)


So, tonight, we watched It's a Wonderful Life and man did I enjoy it! I am so blessed b/c I have the awesome ability to forget a movie almost as soon as I've watched it. I don't have a great memory so it's so fun to re-watch movies. It's also a curse (can you imagine me as a student!) Anyway, I completely forgot how good this movie is. It could be that I'm hyper-emotional these days but I literally cried the entire time.

I can't believe how many hours, minutes, and seconds I let go by without enjoying each one with my wonderful husband and my adorable child. Instead of whining each time Sean whines and cries for me to hold him, I really should just enjoy that he loves me and always wants to be with me. A good friend of mine reminded me that when he is fifteen, he won't want to snuggle with his weird overbearing mom. It's true! Sean has been so clingy lately. We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving to meet our new adorable nephew and he was so ornery the entire time. I was exhausted and spent more time wishing I was at home in bed rather than enjoying the time I had with family.

Too bad, this always happens. I know I can't be the only on on the Earth who feels like this. I feel like I let time just slip by and someday I won't have the things that I have now. I need to not spend so much time wishing I had this, that, or whatever, and truly enjoy life.

Life is such a precious gift. I love my family and feel blessed in many ways.

9 comments:

Mommy Melissa said...

Thnaksgiving was rough for the toddlers in my family as well. They were all sick, and even though the two of them haven't seen eachother in 6 months, it didn't matter, they just ignored eachother.
I think we all have the problem of loosing perspective. It's hard to have a growing belly, that makes your back hurt anyway, and add in a toddler who just wants you to hold him all the time which adds to the back pain. In my case, Reed only wants me to hold him if I'm standing. Boe's pretty good about reminding me that he just loves me.

Jaimee said...

I'm sorry you didn't have a good Thanksgiving :(. I'm glad that you liked that movie though. I personally can't stand that movie. I know I'm a horrible person and all that but it's just too much for me. "Every time a bell rings an angel gets it's wings." GAG ME!!! That being said, it is good to focus on what you have rather than how you wish it could be. I struggle with that so much. Maybe I need to watch that movie :)!

Leslie said...

DITTO to everything. I've never seen that movie, can you believe it? Although it might not have mattered if I had, because I have the same problem you do with forgetting movies as soon as they're over. I might have to check this one out at the library this week!

The Gag-nears said...

I cry during that movie even when I am not pregnant. I love it. It makes me see an eternal perspective. LOVE IT! And I love those picutres of you making that bread when you were first married. You look so young and innocent! Not that you look un-innocent now - you just look cute! I hope you are doing good.

fivelive said...

Your such a good mommy I know how you feel Emma was the same way this weekend at my Grandmas house it will end soon I think it will end by the time he is two and a half or three babys just don't travel well. I think your a great mom.

Robyn said...

I've never seen that movie, but I definitely want to this season! Annabelle is the same way lately--really clingy. Thanksgiving was really hard for me too; Annabelle was super moody, and I had to leave dinner early after eating only 5 bites! So there I was, driving around aimlessly, trying to get her to sleep...and crying the whole time :) Oh well...I guess some days are just like that. Annabelle doesn't do well in unfamiliar places, so I had a hunch we might have issues :)

Julia said...

I just read Leslie's comment and it's funny because as I was reading your post, I was thinking, that movie thing sounds exactly like Leslie. SO funny! Anyway, you are so darling. I'm sorry your Idaho trip was hard. Parenthood is so taxing sometimes; I totally feel for you. But, just as a comfort, I'm pretty sure this little button-nosed fellow in your belly will be a lot more mellow. That's just how God sends them. The "storm before the calm." :) BTW, thanks for all your nice comments on my blog. Oh, and I was watching my wedding video the other day and I was totally missing you. We REALLY should get together sometime. Do you have my email??

Jaimee said...

I realize how "scroogey" my first comment was and wanted you to know that I really am glad you watched that movie and you've inspired me to give it another chance. You are such a good friend and a great mom. I wish that I could be as fun to be around as you are. See you soon Love ya!

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

hey you! i totally agree!! i need to enjoy more of life's moments too! i need to watch that show!!!