Friday, October 17, 2008

Missouri Vacation





Mike, Sean, and I took a "mini-vacation" to Kennett, Missouri last week. I'm from there and we try to go back yearly. This year was so much fun. We stayed w/ my older sister, Samantha, and her family. They took great care of us!

We went to visit Jimmy (Samantha's husband) and my brother Scotty on the cotton farm. Mike was in heaven. He loved it! He got to ride on the big cotton picker and watch how they make cotton modules. I just wanted to take pictures of it all! The sad thing is we took a ton one day and it was great lighting and the kids were all having fun. Then, we found out our SD card was not formatted and we lost it all! I was so sad. So, we tried to do it all over again but of course it wasn't the same. Oh well, it was still a fun adventure. For a second, Mike almost had a new career (working on the cotton farm!) Too bad he had to come back to working on the Psych unit! I'm not sure which I would prefer!
Sean also got to visit his cousin, Jimmy Lee. He is two months younger than Sean and they LOVED each other! It was so much fun to see them play. I'm excited for them to grow up buddies!

Sean also got to live with a dog for a few days! My sister has a black lab, Sissy. Sean loved her. It was so much fun. I love visiting my mom and family. I usually pretty happy to come home and get in my normal routine but I miss it like crazy. Sean was so happy there. He's been fussy the past two days as he adjusts to life w/o constant attention and kisses from Samantha! Poor guy, has to live with a grumpy old boring mom! I try to be fun, but it's just not the same.

7 comments:

Jaimee said...

What fun pictures. I'm glad you guys had fun, but I'm glad you're back too. We missed you!!! We STILL need to take Sean so you guys can go out! And you're a great mom, not a boring one!

ali-dot-e said...

Welcome Back!! I would love to visit a cotton field!! and I agree with jaimee, you are a fantastic mom and I am never bored when I am around you!!

sachiko said...

I love the new layout. You and Mike are so photogenic! And you with your gorgeous teeth... I'm glad you got to go home, that's always nice. I wish you had posted more pix of your family. And the mom thing, I think you're a fab mom!

Lori said...

More photos to come!!! I just didn't have the patience last night!

The Gag-nears said...

Sean is so big and cute! Sounds like you had fun in Missouri. Love your family! And yeah, you are not boring at all! Fun is the word when I think of Lori.

FitNotQuitJess said...

Looks like you guys had fun. It's always nice to get away even just for a "mini vaca!"

Jerimiah LOVED making faces and being shy with you and Sean on Sunday, too cute!

Clark and Alicia said...

I LOVE THESE PICS!!!!!! hehehe